It's not all fun and games

Today I worked from 8 until 7. I didn't get home until 8.30 so not much news really. Last night I went to dinner in a Persian restaurant. When I was there I realised I was wearing harem pants and hoped they didn't think I was taking the piss. I did get a free starter so maybe they appreciated the effort.
Had a totally messed up dream last night that featured a family member dying and the rest of my family get attacked by crocodiles (I blame the zoo). It was horrible and woke me up.

In the morning I woke to the news that a family member had in fact died, not the one in my dream but someone related. We weren't very close, separated by distance but when I was younger we would go to his house every year and camp in his garden, my great uncle Bill. He was such a great guy. I was always a bit unsure of him because he had a very dry sense of humour and I could never tell if he was joking or not. I  think i was about 11 when we visited him. He was ever so kind. He lived his life to the full and lived for his family, horses and dogs. He drove a rickety old land rover and used to have breakfast every morning at the Little chef. We went to his 80th birthday celebrations a few years back and there were so many people there, it was lovely to see.  Makes a change when people actually want to hang out with an old person. 

Rest in peace Bill, a lot of people were fond of you and you'll be missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30

Yoga

End of year roundup