2016. The year I finally got to sing No Diggity at Karaoke

2016.  Never have I had a year where I've been so exquisitely happy most of the time.  

This year has been the year of mostly yes's.  Experiencing new things. Throwing myself into the deep end.  Paragliding. Body boarding. Temping. Outdoor antics. Indoor netball.  Rock climbing.  Scaring myself.  Hiking.  Stand up paddle boarding.  Hitchhiking.  Stream walking.  Cave exploring.  Skiing. Surfing.  Pushing myself to limits.  And realising my limits can go further.  Sledging.  Cleaning toilets.  Getting covered in cow shit.  Being covered in sandfly bites.  Wrangling calves.  Being independent.  And not so independent.   Getting worked up over boys.  Then the next one comes along and I forget about the previous one.  Fitness.  Liking dogs.  Realising I actually quite like people too. Picking my battles.  Being a mediator for other people's.  Experiencing ridiculous hospitality and kindness.  Being speechless at the surrounding beauty.  Seeing incredible shooting stars. Photographing the galaxy.  Connecting with people.  Driving for hours on end.  Camping.  Not showering for 3 days. Building fires.  Improvising with matchsticks.  Learning to ride a quad bike. And then crashing it into an electric fence.  Maintaining long distance friendships and cultivating new ones.  Buying 3 cars in 1 year.  Learning some lessons, and not others.  And of course, finally getting to sing No Diggity at karaoke.  

So what's next?

I don't know.  This year I have to make some big decisions - do I stay here, try and apply for a work visa, commit myself to a company and job for 2 years in the hope I get residency after it? Or do I stop working at the end of May, and travel around NZ again, woofing as I go, until my visa runs out in November? Or do I stop working at the end of May, and leave NZ entirely, either travelling or a working holiday visa in another country?

Who knows.  So play on player, come at me 2017.  





Comments

  1. Hey :) I love your blog and particularly thought you wrote this latest post really well. I want to start reading it more often. I'm really jealous of all the real and raw life experiences you've been having and already look forward to hearing about 2017

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Dan! Haha - the funny thing is they don't feel like real and raw life experiences!! they feel like a dream, I still can't believe I am here!! love you xxx

      Delete
  2. Everything sounds great except the no shower for 3 days! I couldn't do that bit :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i get a bit of a sick thrill from not showering for 3 days...i feel like i am rebelling against society!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular posts from this blog

End of year roundup

Yoga

30