ANOTHER belated catch up

A bit of a catch up as the last four weekends in a row I have been away and not had much chance to blog.

The first week in September I went to an adventure talk.  It was led by two guys Sepha knows, who cycled around the world in 9 months a year ago.  It was REALLY good and they had some brilliant tales to tell.  The two things I took from it are...

One: if you’re thinking of going on an adventure, just do it. You won’t regret it.

Two: most people are good.  They travelled through countries most people wouldn’t consider ever visiting – Mongolia, Kazakhstan and others, and only ever encountered friendly people curious about what they were doing, they never felt endangered.

Dan and I went to a bike powered outdoor cinema one Friday night.  As part of Peckham and Nunhead’s free film festival, there was an ‘eco’ cinema on Peckham Rye common.  I think they should have it every night when the weather is nice – it was lovely!! We got some fish and chips and sat on picnic rugs on the common, and then cycled for twenty minutes in an attempt to burn off our dinner and keep the film going.  Sometimes I love living in London for weird little things like this!!

Bex and I went to a free event at Aqua Nueva on Regent Street.  They were having an open evening to entice new customers so we had free canapes and drinks from 6pm – 9pm which was pretty swish! There was also photobooth and an AMAZING magician who made us hold a pack of cards in our hand and then turned it into a block of glass.

the magician was talented, and FIT



I joined mum and my step dad on a weekend away in the Wye Valley.  It’s very beautiful down there and I definitely want to go back and explore further – and revisit the places I went to on my year 6 residential trip away.  There’s also an interesting looking museum in Littledean, Littledean Jail – the sign outside says ‘not for the easily offended’ which automatically makes me want to go in.  Anyone been?  We spent the weekend walking round the local area doing geocaching, and eating lots of food, including a £6.25 roast dinner with a selection of 11 different vegetables in a proper old school local pub where we were the only people who didn’t know everyone else and everyone sounded all ‘ooo-arrrr’. It was perfect.






The following weekend was Inverness, which I already wrote about here.

And the weekend after that, I was in Cardiff for Kim's hen do!! No rest for the wicked.  The weekend started off a bit panicky as I realised I had two (very) flat tyres, and Kwikfit didn't have any replacements in stock and recommended I didn't drive down to Cardiff...Of course I did the sensible thing and drove down anyway!! Luckily it was all OK and the next morning I woke up extra early so I could go to the garage and get the tyres sorted so I didn't have to miss out on any hen do activities.  It was a very expensive weekend indeed :( We had a nice treasure hunt round Cardiff, followed by a Mr & Mrs quiz which was very cute and made Kim cry lots (well done Stuart!), and a night out in town.  I was shattered from pretty much everything else I have been up to and let the side down by going home at 1.30am, the others stayed out till 3 and got up early for the 10k Mens Health Survival of the fittest run - mentalists!!!

Bex and I opted out of the race, not fancying getting cold and muddy and sweaty, and instead headed off to Caerphilly to explore the brilliant castle.  It's really well preserved and they do free tours which we jumped in on.  We had a late brunch at Morrison's Cafe (don't judge us!) before heading back to Cardiff to catch the girls finishing the race.  Kim had a slight incident whereby she started to run up the travelator, fell, slid down, and her tshirt got caught in the bottom.  She was properly stuck until they turned it off and extracted her now baggy and hole'y tshirt from the bottom of the travelator.  It was hilarious (though potentially could have been quite dangerous) and she laughed it off in good grace before completing the race in a VERY respectable time of 3 hours and 4 minutes, especially considering they'd had about 4 hours of sleep and were very hungover.  Superstars!!!









super moon on the drive back

This week I have mainly spent it catching up with Cesca and David, I ran home which I was very proud of myself for, and I have been super busy at work which is LOVELY!

Went out last night with Cesca and David which was much fun - went to old Brixton haunts the Prince Albert and Dogstar where I bought shots...which I soon regretted at 3am this morning, urgh.  I would say you live and you learn but I never seem to learn....at least I made it longer than David, who was too drunk at 12am, went out for a fag and wasn't allowed back in....they headed off and I stayed out with a bunch of random boys I met who then also left, so feeling a bit deflated the night had come to a premature end, I headed home also and fell asleep on the sofa at 1.30 after being attacked by the neighbours cat, the little bitch.  I am SO HAPPY I have Cesca and David back in my life :) :) :)




Comments

  1. We're so happy tooooo!!!! (For the next 3 months that is...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular posts from this blog

30

Yoga

End of year roundup